Hamburg - a dynamic city on the water

Hamburg is the second largest city in Germany and is known as "Das Tor zur Welt."  In German, this means "Gateway to the World."  This is not only due to the harbor but also to the foreign trade professionals, international companies, and organizations who reside here.

Hamburg is said to be a cosmopolitan city with amazing arts and culture.

 

International School Campus is located in the metropolitan area of Hamburg in a suburb city called, Pinneberg.  The school is located on the state borders of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein.  ISC is able to accept students from both states, which positions us in a perfect location to grow within this dynamic area.

The Hafencity

HafenCity is a quarter in the district of Hamburg-Mitte. It is located on the Elbe river islands that were formerly called Kehrwieder and Wandrahm.

HafenCity Hamburg is a project of urban regeneration where the old port warehouses of Hamburg are being rebuilt to offer offices, hotels, shops, official buildings, and residential areas.

The project is the one of the largest landmass rebuilding projects in Europe (approximately 2.2 km²).

The area of the HafenCity used to be part of the free port, but with the decreased economic importance of free ports in an era of European Union free trade, large container ships and increased border security, the Hamburg free port has reduced in size, removing the current HafenCity area from its restrictions.

When completely developed, it will be home to about 12,000 people and the workplace of 40,000 people mostly in office complexes. The prospect for completion is uncertain, but it is estimated to be around 2020-2030.

 

The Hamburg "Rathaus"

The Hamburg Rathaus is the Rathaus, the city or town hall, of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, Germany.

It is the seat of government of Hamburg and as such, the seat of one of Germany's 16 state Parliaments. The Rathaus is located in the Altstadt quarter in the city center, near the Binnenalster lake and the central station. Constructed from 1886 to 1897, the city hall still houses its original governmental functions with the office of the First Mayor of Hamburg and the meeting rooms for Hamburg's parliament and senate (the city's executive).